Prologue 序章 서문


<
START Date: Sunday, January 12, 2025>

<Release Date: Sunday, January 12, 2025>

<開始日:2025112日(日)>

<配信日:2025112日(日)>

<시작일: 2025 1 12 (일요일)>

<배포일: 2025 1 12 (일요일)>

 

Prologue, 序章、서문

DONG WOOK KIM

金 東煜

동욱

 

日本では、1960年にカラーテレビ放送が開始しておりますが、私の祖国である韓国では(軍事政権の背景により)、日本よりも20年遅れて1980年にカラーテレビ放送が始まりました。それからもなくしてでもカラーテレビがられるようになり、家族みんなでカラーテレビ放送かなり衝撃的でした。

일본에서는 1960년에 컬러 텔레비전 방송이 시작되었지만, 조국인 한국에서는 (군사 정권의 배경으로 인해) 일본보다 20 늦은 1980년에 컬러 텔레비전 방송이 시작되었습니다. 얼마 지나지 않아 우리 집에서도 컬러 텔레비전을 있게 되었고, 가족 모두가 함께 컬러 방송을 보았을 때는 충격적이었습니다.

In Japan, color television broadcasting began in 1960, but in my home country, South Korea, due to the background of the military regime, it started 20 years later in 1980. Shortly afterward, my family was also able to watch color TV at home, and when we all watched color TV broadcasts together, it was quite a shocking experience.

 

話は少し逸れますが、1980年初期、家の近くにある駄菓子屋さんには50wonのコインを入れて楽しむゲーム機(コンテンツは、ギャラガ(GALAG:図1参照)、ぽんぽこ(PONPOKO:図2参照)など)があり、毎日通っていました。当時のコインゲーム機の画面は、白黒表示のブラウン管ディスプレイが使用されており、白黒表示のブラウン管ディスプレイに赤、緑、青色のセロハンを横向きに縞模様のように貼り付けたものをカラーディスプレイだと皆は認識していました。当然ながらブラウン管ディスプレイに赤緑青色のセロハンが貼られている部位によって色の違いはありましたが、白黒表示のブラウン管ディスプレイよりは断然、人気が高かったのを覚えています。

이야기가 조금 옆길로 새지만, 1980년대 초반에 근처의 구멍가게에는 50원짜리 동전을 넣고 즐길 있는 게임기가 있었습니다. 콘텐츠는 갤러그(GALAGA: 그림 1 참조), 폰포코(PONPOKO: 그림 2 참조) 등이었고, 저는 매일 그곳에 다녔습니다. 당시의 동전 게임기의 화면은 흑백 표시 브라운관 디스플레이를 사용하고 있었는데, 브라운관 디스플레이에 빨강, 초록, 파랑색 셀로판지를 가로로 줄무늬처럼 붙여 놓은 것을 컬러 디스플레이라고 모두가 인식하고 있었습니다. 물론 브라운관 디스플레이에 붙어 있는 빨강, 초록, 파랑 셀로판지의 위치에 따라 색의 차이는 있었지만, 흑백 표시 브라운관 디스플레이보다는 훨씬 인기가 높았던 것이 기억납니다.

The story veers off a little here, but in the early 1980s, there was a small candy shop near my house that had arcade machines where you could play games by inserting a 50-won coin. The content included titles like Galaga (see Figure 1) and Ponpoko (see Figure 2), and I went there every day. At that time, the screens of these coin-operated arcade machines used monochrome CRT displays, but people considered them color displays because red, green, and blue cellophane was pasted horizontally in stripes over the CRT screens. Naturally, the perceived color varied depending on the part of the CRT covered by the red, green, or blue cellophane, but I remember it being far more popular than the monochrome CRT displays.

 

Figure 1. ギャラガ 갤러그GALAGA

Sourcehttps://galaga.com/

  


Figure 2.ぽんぽこ 너구리PONPOKO

Sourcehttp://babsika.cocolog-nifty.com/okiniiri/2006/09/post_22f7.html

 

1980年の当時(少なくとも近所の駄菓子屋さんをはじめ、私の地元である釜山(BUSAN)市内のゲームセンターには)、赤緑青色セロハンが貼られているカラー風味のブラウン管ディスプレイが主流であったのを覚えております。このような認識が定着している中で、アリーアダプターだった父親が(恐らく)町一番にカラーテレビを購入し、家族みんなで初めて体験したカラーテレビ放送は、決まった色しか表現できないセロハンとは比べるものにならない鮮やかな色が画面全体に広がっていました。

1980 당시, 적어도 고향인 부산 시내의 게임센터나 근처 구멍가게에서는 빨강, 초록, 파랑 셀로판지를 붙여서 컬러 느낌을 내는 브라운관 디스플레이가 주류였던 것으로 기억합니다. 이러한 인식이 일반화된 상황에서, 얼리 어답터였던 저희 아버지께서 (아마도) 마을에서 가장 먼저 컬러 텔레비전을 구입하셨습니다. 가족 모두가 처음 경험한 컬러 텔레비전 방송은, 제한된 색상만 표현할 있었던 셀로판 방식과는 비교할 없을 정도로 선명하고 생생한 색상이 화면을 가득 메우고 있었습니다.

In 1980, at least in the game centers and local candy shops around my hometown of Busan, CRT displays with red, green, and blue cellophane pasted over them to create a pseudo-color effect were the mainstream. Amid this widespread perception, my father, who was an early adopter, likely became the first in town to purchase a color television. When my family experienced color TV broadcasting for the first time, the vivid and vibrant colors that filled the entire screen were incomparable to the limited hues produced by the cellophane-covered displays.

 

その時、母親が「テレビに色がつくなら、何時かテレビから匂いが出る時代が来るかも」といったのがきっかけとなり、夢を追いかけて、韓国よりも20年先(1960年)にカラーテレビ放送が開始されている日本へ渡ることになりました。

그때 어머니께서텔레비전에 색이 나오는 시대가 됐으니, 언젠가는 텔레비전에서 냄새가 나오는 시대도 올지도 몰라라고 말씀하신 것이 계기가 되어, 꿈을 쫓아 컬러 텔레비전 방송이 한국보다 20 앞선(1960) 일본으로 가게 되었습니다.

At that time, my mother said, "If televisions can now display color, perhaps a time will come when televisions can emit smells too." This remark became the catalyst for me to pursue my dreams and move to Japan, where color television broadcasting had started 20 years earlier (in 1960) than in South Korea.

 

それから大学院に在籍している5年間、「香りの出るテレビ(嗅覚ディスプレイ)」の研究を進め、2007年ゾル・ゲル間の相転移を起こす機能性高分子ゲルを用い、世界初となる香り分子の放出制御を可能とする嗅覚ディスプレイの開発に成功しました。

대학원에 재학한 5 동안 "냄새가 나는 텔레비전(후각 디스플레이)" 대한 연구를 진행하였고, 2007 - 간의 상전이를 일으키는 기능성 고분자 겔을 활용하여 세계 최초로 향기 분자의 방출을 제어할 있는 후각 디스플레이 개발에 성공하였습니다.

During the five years I spent in graduate school, I conducted research on "scent-emitting televisions (olfactory displays)." In 2007, I successfully developed the world's first olfactory display capable of controlling the release of scent molecules using functional polymer gels that undergo sol-gel phase transitions.

 

博士学位の取得後は、国立研究開発法人情報通信研究機構(NICT)においても、五感情報通信の一環として「嗅覚ディスプレイ」の研究開発に従事することになりました。研究が進むにつれて、映像を再現するモニターや音響を再現するスピーカーのように、香りを再現する嗅覚ディスプレイが日常生活で使われるようにしたいという意思が強まりました。また、研究者としてのアカデミック領域だけではなく、起業家として嗅覚ディスプレイの実用化に至るまでの全プロセスをマネジメントしたいと強く思うようになりました。

박사 학위 취득 , 국립연구개발법인 정보통신연구기구(NICT)에서 오감 정보 통신의 일환으로 '후각 디스플레이' 연구 개발에 종사하게 되었습니다. 연구가 진행됨에 따라, 영상은 모니터로 재현하고, 음향은 스피커로 재현하는 것처럼, 향기를 재현하는 후각 디스플레이가 일상생활에서 사용될 있도록 하겠다는 의지가 강해졌습니다. 또한, 연구자로서의 학문적 영역에만 그치지 않고, 기업가로서 후각 디스플레이의 상용화에 이르는 전체 프로세스를 관리하고 싶다는 강한 열망을 가지게 되었습니다.

After obtaining my doctoral degree, I became involved in the research and development of the "olfactory display" as part of sensory communication at the National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT). As the research progressed, my determination grew stronger to make olfactory displays, which replicate smells like monitors reproduce images and speakers reproduce sound, a part of everyday life. Furthermore, I developed a strong desire not only to stay within the academic field as a researcher but also to manage the entire process of commercializing the olfactory display as an entrepreneur.

 

香りの出るテレビが出現するのを待つのではなく、自ら実用化し、積極的に広めて行くことで「嗅覚(香り)情報通信を実現したい!」「嗅覚(香り)コミュニケーションで世の中をより豊かにしたい!」という強い意志から201210月、NICT発のベンチャー(今の流行言葉では、スタートアップ)として、株式会社アロマジョインを起業するに至りました。

향기가 나는 텔레비전이 등장하기를 기다리는 것이 아니라, 스스로 실용화를 이루고 적극적으로 이를 확산시킴으로써 "후각(향기) 정보 통신을 실현하고 싶다!" "후각(향기) 커뮤니케이션으로 세상을 풍요롭게 만들고 싶다!" 강한 의지로 2012 10, NICT에서 출발한 벤처(현재 유행하는 말로는 스타트업)로서, 주식회사 아로마조인을 창업하게 되었습니다.

Rather than waiting for the emergence of a television that emits scents, I decided to realize it practically and actively spread it. Driven by the strong will to "make olfactory (scent) communication a reality!" and "enrich the world through olfactory (scent) communication!" I founded Aromajoin Corporation. in October 2012 as a venture originating from NICT (now known as a startup in today's popular terminology).

 

それまでに嗅覚ディスプレイ研究者としての道を歩んできたものが、嗅覚情報通信ビジネスとして未踏の地に勢い良く足を踏み入れたものの、今もなお悪戦苦闘の連続です。

그동안 후각 디스플레이 연구자로서의 길을 걸어온 사람이 후각 정보 통신 비즈니스라는 미지의 분야에 힘차게 발을 들여놓았으나, 지금도 여전히 악전고투의 연속입니다.

Having walked the path of an olfactory display researcher until then, I boldly stepped into the uncharted territory of the olfactory communication business, but even now, I continue to face a series of struggles.

 

これまでに(賢い人だと直ぐに気づくかもしれませんが)3.5億円余りと12年という膨大な時間を費やしながらも未だに事業の体系化(収益化)ができないまま時が過ぎ去ろうとしている中で、溺れる者は藁をも掴む気持ちで、以前から気になっていた「Startup Playbookhttps://playbook.samaltman.com/)」を英語の勉強がてら昨年(20241215日)から読むようになりました。

지금까지 (스마트한 사람이라면 금방 알아차릴 있겠지만) 3 5천만엔과 12년이라는 엄청난 시간을 들였음에도 불구하고 여전히 사업의 체계화(수익화) 없는 상태에서 시간이 지나가고 있습니다. 상황에서 물에 빠진 사람이 지푸라기라도 잡으려는 마음으로, 예전부터 궁금했던 'Startup Playbook' 영어 공부 2024 12 15일부터 읽기 시작했습니다.

Until now (you might quickly notice if you're a smart person), despite spending over 350 million yen and 12 years of immense time, the business has still not been systematized (monetized), and time is passing by. In this situation, feeling like someone drowning who would grasp at straws, I started reading the 'Startup Playbook' (https://playbook.samaltman.com/) from December 15, 2024, as a way to study English, which I had been curious about for a while.

 

正直、Aromajoinのトップとして、第13期が進行している中、スタートアップビジネスは十分体験している(分かった)つもりでしたが、ChatGPTで有名なOpenAI社の最高経営責任者でY Combinatorの元代表であるサミュエル・H・アルトマン氏が著述した「Startup Playbook」は、まさに目から鱗でした。

솔직하게 말하자면, Aromajoin 대표로서 13기가 진행 중인 가운데, 스타트업 비즈니스는 충분히 경험했다고 (알고 있다고) 생각했으나, ChatGPT 유명한 OpenAI CEO이자 Y Combinator 대표인 사무엘 H. 알트만 씨가 저술한 'Startup Playbook' 정말 눈을 뜨게 해주는 책이었습니다.

Honestly, as the CEO of Aromajoin, with the 13th term ongoing, I thought I had sufficiently experienced (and understood) the startup business. However, 'Startup Playbook,' written by Samuel H. Altman, the CEO of OpenAI, famous for ChatGPT, and former president of Y Combinator, was truly an eye-opener.

 

Startup Playbookは、事業の進め方がかなり体系化されており、私が経験した失敗事例がそのまま書いてあるかのように読めば読むほど(苦い経験を思い出せば思い出すほど)スタートアップに取っては非常に重要な要素の塊だと感じるようになりました。

'Startup Playbook' 사업을 진행하는 방법이 상당히 체계적으로 정리되어 있어서, 내가 경험한 실패 사례들이 마치 그대로 쓰여 있는 것처럼, 읽을수록 ( 경험을 떠올릴수록) 스타트업에게 매우 중요한 요소들이 가득 담겨 있다는 느낌을 받게 되었습니다.

The 'Startup Playbook' is highly systematized in terms of how to proceed with a business. The more I read (and the more I recall my bitter experiences), the more I feel that it is full of extremely important elements for startups, almost as if the failed cases I experienced were written in it.

 

ところが、Startup Playbookが公開されているサイトには、原文の英語に加え、スペイン語のみが翻訳されていました。そこで今現在、私が住んでいる日本のみならず、私の祖国である韓国においても多くのスタートアップ経営者と情報共有できればと思いChatGPTの力を借りながら日本語と韓国語への翻訳を行いました。可能ならば、私のように二の舞を演じることなく、最小限の資金で最大限の収益が得られることを祈願しながら翻訳文を共有する次第です。

하지만 'Startup Playbook' 공개된 사이트에는 원문인 영어 외에 스페인어만이 번역되어 있었습니다. 그래서 현재 제가 살고 있는 일본뿐만 아니라, 고향인 한국에서도 많은 스타트업 경영자들과 정보를 공유할 있기를 바라며, ChatGPT 도움을 받아 일본어와 한국어로 번역을 진행했습니다. 가능하다면, 저와 같은 실수를 반복하지 않고, 최소한의 자금으로 최대한의 수익을 얻을 있기를 기원하며 번역본을 공유합니다.

However, on the site where the 'Startup Playbook' is published, only the original English and Spanish translations were available. Therefore, I decided to translate it into Japanese and Korean with the help of ChatGPT, hoping to share information not only in Japan, where I currently live but also in my home country, Korea, with many startup entrepreneurs. If possible, I am sharing this translation with the hope that others can avoid making the same mistakes I did and achieve maximum profit with minimal funds.

 

 

<特記事項>

1.原文(当該の言語)をベースに、英語、日本語、韓国語へと翻訳を行っております。

2.配列の順番は、原文(当該の言語)を主としているため、その都度、順序は変わります。

3.英語から日本語への翻訳は、英辞郎アルクhttps://eow.alc.co.jp/を活用しております。また、文書全体の翻訳はChatGPThttps://chatgpt.com/)を活用しておりますため、多少ニュアンスの違いが生じる可能性があります。

4.本ブログの内容に訂正または修正及び追記が必要な場合は、当該の文書に対してコメントをいただけますと対応させていただきます。

5.特定のコンテンツにおいて、より具体的な説明または文献情報が必要な場合は、当該の内容についてコメントいただきますと可能な限りご対応させていただきます。

6.掲載内容は予告なしに追記または修正が加わる可能性がありますのでご了承ください。

 

특기사항

1. 원문(해당 언어) 기준으로 영어, 일본어, 한국어로 번역을 진행하고 있습니다.

2. 배열 순서는 원문(해당 언어) () 하고 있기 때문에, 그때그때 순서가 달라질 있습니다.

3. 영어에서 일본어로의 번역은 "영어사전" (알크: https://eow.alc.co.jp/) 활용하고 있습니다.  또한, 문장 전체 번역은 ChatGPT(https://chatgpt.com/) 활용하고 있기 때문에, 약간의 뉘앙스 차이가 발생할 있습니다.

4. 블로그 내용에 대해 수정이나 수정 추가가 필요할 경우, 해당 문서에 코멘트를 남겨 주시면 대응하겠습니다.

5. 특정 콘텐츠에서 구체적인 설명이나 문헌 정보가 필요하시면, 해당 내용에 대해 코멘트를 주시면 가능한 대응하겠습니다.

6. 게재된 내용은 예고 없이 추가되거나 수정될 있음을 양해해 주시기 바랍니다.

 

Notes

1. The translation is being carried out based on the original text (in the respective language) and translated into English, Japanese, and Korean.

2. The order of the content may vary depending on the original text (in the respective language), so it can change from time to time.

3. For translations from English to Japanese, I use the English-Japanese dictionary “Eijiro” (Alc: https://eow.alc.co.jp/). Additionally, for full document translations, I use ChatGPT (https://chatgpt.com/), there may be slight nuances or differences in meaning.

4. If any corrections or additions are necessary to the content of this blog, please leave a comment on the respective document, and I will respond.

5. If more specific explanations or references are needed for certain content, please leave a comment on that content, and I will do my best to address it.

6. Please note that the published content may be added to or modified without prior notice.


次回の更新は2025年1月19日(日)に予定されています。どうぞおしみに

다음 업데이트는 2025 1 19() 예정되어 있습니다. 많은 기대 부탁드립니다!

The next update is scheduled for Sunday, January 19, 2025. We hope you look forward to it!

コメント

人気の投稿